How to have a night out without regretting it!
It’s hard enough to lose weight in this society, but often it seems to go out to eat is a suicide action. Here are some tips o allow you to eat out (once in a while) and not pack on the pounds
1) Obviously avoid: – Fast Food -Hamburger, Pizza, Chicken, all of them – no fast food. Don’t buy sandwiches or snacks in gas stations or convenience stores to have a quick bite. So no fast food, no food from convenience stores or gas stations, or especially convenience stores attached to gas stations (double trouble!)
2) The more expensive the restaurant the better your chances of a controlling the fat in a meal
3) Buffets,’ All You Can Eat’ are possibilities, as long as you don’t eat ‘all you can eat’, and follow the other tips in this list
4) Salads – the fat if in the salad dressing.
If you can acquire the taste – ask for a cut up lemon, and squeeze lemon juice as your dressing. It brings out the taste of the salad. If you have been eating salads smothered in mayo (Ranch Dressing, Caesar Dressing, etc.) you will be surprised at how salad actually has taste. If lemon is too radical, try oil and vinegar or another dressing on the side, and dip your fork in it before pronging the salad. Honestly if you can get used to a squeeze of lemon juice – opens up whole new worlds.
5) The bacon bits and the cheese sauce are fat makers, stay away from all the sprinkles and extras that’s where the fat lurks. Enjoy the taste of the food without the fat and sprinkles. Food by itself does have its own taste!!
6) Avoid carbs. Pasta bread, rolls, bread sticks etc. Those carbs get immediately converted to sugar in your system. And then fat.
7) Sirloin steak, chicken, fish – broiled not fried are delicious, healthy and a great meal (remember no extra sauces or bacon bits or cheese)
8) Avoid fries – if you like potatoes – baked is best (avoid the butter –though sour cream is okay). Mashed are marginal. Mashed potatoes if made with actual potatoes in the kitchen will have a lot of butter. If from a mix – your guess is as good as mine as to what is in there -but not much of it is nutritious.
9) Watch the sauces – the gravy, the white sauce, béchamel, etc. Be very sparing, have them on the side and dip as per the salad dressing.
10 )If you have been restrained and well behaved all evening – go ahead have some ice cream – one spoon. No sauce. Enjoy the taste of pure ice cream without the nuts, the chocolate, and the sprinkles. Or even better a sherbet.
11) Drink lots of water during your meal, helps you keep away from the craving for that oozing fatty cheeseburger your partner is having.
Sound like a grueling experience? Too many rules? Not if you make it a regular habit. Avoid the extra sprinkles and sauces and mayo and butter-that kill the taste of the thing underneath- enjoy the food. If it’s good restaurant you will find the food is immensely enjoying without having to cover it in some form of fat.
It’s possible that you can enjoy eating out, without the guilt, or the fat. Have a good evening. Fat Free.