“Direct sales brand Nutrilite gained a 96 per cent satisfaction rating, coming out on top, while the specialist store GNC came bottom with a rating of 58 per cent, found the survey.”
From the packaging, the box and the presentation, you know this geared to being a premium brand.
Does it live up to the promise?
The creator of what became Nutrilite – Dr. Carl Rehnborg created the first multi-vitamin in the 1930s.
Prior to 1934, there were no known multivitamin/multimineral supplements. People found it difficult to know if they were getting enough nutrients in their daily diets.(and still find it difficult- don’t we?)
While living in China in the early 1920s, Carl Rehnborg noticed, amid the poverty, malnutrition and disease, that in farming communities, where fresh fruits and vegetables were plentiful, people were much healthier overall.
During political unrest in Shanghai, Carl was isolated andl supplemented his meager diet with soups from what was available: local herbs, grasses, and vegetables, along with rusty nails (for iron), and lime stone and ground-up animal bones (for calcium).
Months later, Carl and his friends who ate the nutrient-rich broth emerged from their enclave much healthier than those who had eaten only army rations.
Returning to the United States, Carl set up a small laboratory on California’s Balboa Island, where, over the next six years, he conducted experiments using different plant varieties – specifically – alfalfa, watercress, and parsley (no iron or ground up animal bones please notice).Then he developed a way to dry these plants while still preserving their important nutrients.
This became the first multivitamin/multimineral supplement sold in North America.
In 2001, five Nutrilite products were the first dietary supplements to be certified by NSF International.
Nutrilite Double X was tested by ConsumerLab.com in their Multivitamin and Multimineral Supplements Review of 38 of the leading multivitamin/multimineral products sold in the U.S. and Canada. Double X passed ConsumerLab’s test which included testing of selected index elements, their ability to disintegrate in solution per United States Pharmacopeia guidelines, lead contamination threshold set in California Proposition 65, and meeting FDA labeling requirements.
(BTW ole Carl also invented the first multi-level marketing, door-to-door, selling system to distribute his vitamins when 2 men, Lee S. Mytinger and William S. Casselberry became exclusive national distributor in 1945 and operated a company to distribute the vitamins.)
(BTW2 – later two friends Jay Van Andel and Rich Devoss became distributors of Nutrilite – and when that MLM collapsed as most seemed to, they leant from their experiences and 1) went on to create a business that became Amway and 2) when they could bought the Nutrilite plants farms and processing operations)
31 day supply 3 different tablets, Mineral, herbal and vitamin for a total of 186 tablets
Recommended use: 2 × 3 (1 of each type of tablet) Use(s) per day
Retail Cost per use: $1.27
They come in a light tight green case- you can also get the refill after you buy the case, which saves you a couple of bucks, and you also don’t have all these green plastic cases piling up around the house. I personally know a lot of dedicated Double X takers, and those green boxes mount up.
Nutrilite (now owned by Alticor, which owns Amway – though Nutrilite is a complete and separate extremely profitable division,and as far as I can tell there has been no compromise with quality, in fact I believe Amway/ Alticor has invested in Nutrilite over the years to keep this Premium Brand always at the highest quality.
Nutrilite’s U.S. manufacturing plant and farm is open to public tours if you ever care to drop by
The ingredients are from whole plant foods, acerola, alfalfa, watercress, and parsley, etc. These plants are harvested at their peak and dried and compressed into tablets immediately, so all the nutrients and all ‘extras’ that are in whole plant food are maintained;- the phytonutrients, the antioxidants etc, that are never present in synthetic vitamins.
You are definitely getting all the nutrients you are paying for, as you are basically swallowing compressed whole plant products.
It is expensive – but a for a premium multivitamin, it’s in much the same ballpark as the competition – and (as every manufacturer does) if you break it down to a daily cost it’s 1.27 per day. Starbucks is more for their caffeine So is 7-11 come to that.
They do have deals, and distributors may cut their prices if you ask. There is also a ‘loyalty card program where the sixth box is free.
Double x itself is not formulated in specific formats for men or women as most of the other premium Companies do. However I see Nutrilite does offer Men or Women Health packs, where they combine some of their other vitamins with a Double X supply
Looking for an excellent multivitamin where you don’t have to second guess the ingredients? I would definitely recommend Double X.
NUTRILITE® DOUBLE X® Vitamin/Mineral/Phytonutrient offers superior health protection. It was shown to improve blood nutrient levels to provide your cells with the energy they need to support a healthy heart, brain, eyes, skin, bones, and immune system.† It delivers:
• A powerful blend of 12 vitamins and 10 minerals, most far exceeding the Daily Value.
• Plus, 20 plant concentrates harvested from certified organic farms provide broad antioxidant protection and unbeatable health benefits.
Heart and cardiovascular health.
• A mix of vitamin E, folic acid, potassium, magnesium, copper, and selenium help to support your heart.
• DOUBLE X supplement also adds natural plant nutrients, or phytonutrients, from apples, grapes, cranberries, and pomegranates for added heart protection.
Healthy bones and teeth, and calcium absorption.
• Vitamins A and D, calcium, and magnesium support a strong skeletal system.
• Vitamin D helps your body more easily absorb calcium to keep bones strong.
Eye and skin health.
• Vitamin A and lutein, a phytonutrient found in high doses in spinach, support vision health.
• Vitamin A, niacin, and grape extract help bolster the condition of your body’s largest organ – your skin.
A healthy immune system.
• Make sure your body is ready for anything. Vitamins A and C, zinc, selenium, and phytonutrients from citrus fruits help support your immune system.
• Healthy eyes. Vitamin A and lutein esters.
• Healthy skin. Vitamin A, niacin, and grape extract.
• Healthy bone development and healthy teeth. Vitamin A, vitamin D, calcium, and magnesium.
• Healthy immune system. Vitamin A, vitamin C, zinc, selenium, and citrus bioflavonoid dehydrate
• Cellular health. Vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin B12, pantothenic acid, selenium, molybdenum, alpha lipoic acid, inositol, lycopene, lutein esters, citrus bioflavonoid dehydrate, dried kale, alfalfa concentrate, mixed tocopherols, apple extract powder, asparagus powder, blueberry powder, grape extract, oregano powder extract, rosemary extract, broccoli dehydrate, cranberry extract, and horseradish dehydrate.
• Healthy connective tissue. Vitamin C, calcium, zinc, and citrus bioflavonoid dehydrate.
• Supports capillary strength. Vitamin C and citrus bioflavonoid dehydrate.
• Supports calcium absorption. Vitamin D.
• Healthy heart and cardiovascular system. Vitamin E, folic acid, potassium, magnesium, copper, selenium, lycopene, citrus bioflavonoid dehydrate, mixed tocopherols, apple extract powder, grape extract, cranberry extract, and pomegranate extract.
• Supports prenatal health. Folic acid.
• Supports energy production and nerve function. Thiamin (B1), riboflavin (B2), niacin, vitamin B6, biotin, pantothenic acid, potassium, magnesium, manganese, and alpha lipoic acid.
• Supports hormone production. Vitamin B6 and pantothenic acid.
• Supports healthy red blood cells. Vitamin B6.
• Healthy nervous system. Vitamin B12, calcium, copper, and manganese.
• Healthy hair and nails. Biotin.
• Healthy muscles. Calcium, magnesium, and manganese.
• Healthy thyroid function. Iodine.
• Healthy joints. Zinc.
• Support for the body’s antioxidant defense system. Selenium and alpha lipoic acid.
• Helps your body metabolize food. Chromium and molybdenum.
• Provides protection from free radicals. Lycopene, lutein esters, citrus bioflavonoid dehydrate, dried kale, alfalfa concentrate, apple extract powder, asparagus powder, holy basil extract blend, blueberry powder, grape extract, oregano powder extract, prune extract, rosemary extract, cranberry extract, parsley dehydrate, pomegranate extract, and sage powder extract.
• Supports glucose levels already within the normal range. Chromium.
• Helps regulate the body’s iron stores. Molybdenum.
• Supports prostate health. Lycopene.
• Helps support protective enzymes. Dried kale, asparagus powder, holy basil extract blend, and broccoli dehydrate.
• Healthy brain. Vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, pantothenic acid, zinc, selenium, molybdenum, alpha lipoic acid, lycopene, lutein esters, citrus bioflavonoid dehydrate, dried kale, alfalfa concentrate, mixed tocopherols, apple extract powder, asparagus powder, holy basil extract blend, blueberry powder, grape extract, oregano powder extract, prune extract, rosemary extract, broccoli dehydrate, cranberry extract, parsley dehydrate, pomegranate extract, sage powder extract, and horseradish dehydrate.
• Helps support protective liver enzymes. Rosemary extract, watercress concentrate, pomegranate extract, sage powder extract, and horseradish dehydrate.